Adventure Camp Fund
Established in 2017, the Adventure Camp Fund is designed for Wilderness Adventure participants who show enthusiasm and dedication for the principles at the core of our all-outdoor wilderness program.
Wilderness Adventure at Eagle Landing has established the Adventure Camp Fund to generate an adequate amount of money each year through donations and the proceeds of our new Music and Adventure festival -- WA Fest -- that we can allot solely to making it easier for great kids to get out on trail!
The Adventure Camp Fund recipients will experience:
- An all-outdoor program where groups are travelling and camping in the back-country. This teaches kids how to take care of themselves and how to contribute meaningfully to a group, which leads to every participant having a deeper sense of self reliance.
- The all-outdoor expedition style program is also accompanied by adventure activities. The activities are challenging in a way that supports kids' efforts for reaching and going beyond their potential.
- Small groups create deep bonds and help individuals develop leadership skills and a strong sense of teamwork. Group life on trail also means that kids will connect with each other in a natural environment without the intrusion of phones, computers, or other devices.
- Proximity to caring and knowledgeable adults aged 21-27 gives kids a chance to develop a positive relationship with inspiring adult role models that can sometimes be more relatable than teachers or parents.
- Activities take place within natural land forms -- mountains, rivers, rock faces, and more -- teaching participants to depend on the natural world, rather than the modern conveniences of the populated world. They are taught stewardship principles by Leave No Trace in order to understand the importance of taking responsibility for their environment.
How to Apply to receive tuition assistance from the Adventure Camp Fund:
- Applicants should be between ages 8 and 17 for the summer they wish to attend camp.
- Applicants will apply for the Fund by filling out an application.
- Applicants, please fill out the application with your parents assistance.
- All Applications must be submitted by June 17, 2018
- Winners will be announced and notified prior to the start of their trip!
- The selection of recipients will be made by a panel of Adventure Camp Directors and WAEL Shareholders. The amount of each scholarship will depend upon the funds raised in the previous year, evidence of need, and the quality of applications.