Family Fun Day 2018!
Saturday, April 28th
10am to 5pm
Free to the public - no reservations required!
Come one and all to kick off the Adventure Season at the 4th annual Family Fun Day at Wilderness Adventure!
Our hardworking staff will be running activities starting at 10am until 5pm, make sure you arrive before ~2:30 so you can make the most of your day! Please don't arrive until after 9:30am!
When you arrive, check in at the Admin building to sign our release, get wrist bands, enter the raffle, and get more information about the day. All participants must have a wristband in order to participate in activities.
Free for All:
- Hiking on our 500 acre basecamp.
- Disc Golf
- Canoeing & Paddleboarding on the Pond
- Lawn games (Lumberjack Jenga, Cornhole, etc.)
Free for Kids 17 & under | $5 for Kids & Adults 18+ ($5/ea covers both activities):
- Zip Lining!!
- Climbing Wall!
- Zip Liners and Climbers must be between 65 and 250 lbs. There is no age restriction.
- Zip Liners and Climbers must tie back long hair.
- Pond-users must wear shoes and a PFD (Personal Flotation Device) at all times while in the pond.
- Everyone participating must sign a release form.
- If you're bringing someone else's kid, make sure you print out this form, have their parent fill out, and bring it with you! (You can't sign for them!)
- Youth under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No use of alcohol or tobacco products are permitted during the event.
Food & Drink!
- We will have burgers available for purchase with sides.
- Picnics are welcome and encouraged! Might we recommend the Wall Field Pavilion, The Bluff Overlook, or the Gazebo on the pond as an excellent place to picnic?
- Snacks, Ice Cream, and Beverages, as well as souvenirs, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc can be purchased in the Base Camp Stores (right next to where you'll check in!)
- No alcohol is permitted during this event.
Don't trust your GPS this time! Use our printable directions so you don't get lost!
We're about 45 minutes from downtown Roanoke and downtown Blacksburg, 30 minutes from Daleville, and 10 minutes from the C&M in New Castle!