7 Days of Oatmeal for Breakfast
THE PERFECT TRIP FOR INTRODUCING CAMPERS AGES 8-10 TO THE GREAT OUTDOORS.
The Outdoor Discovery program provides a gentle yet exciting experience for budding adventurers. The majority of the trip takes place on our 500-acre property--allowing participants to experience the wilderness without being fully immersed in the back-country--yet culminates with an overnight in nearby Jefferson National Forest. In addition to developing skills like canoeing, rock climbing, and fire-by-friction, participants learn to become more self-reliant through the mechanics of sj;dflkjasodjf oiaw eou cakjs;lkjdsoifu owaeiucj;alsdkj;cvlkasd;lfj;aksdj;vhjalongside a group of up to eleven other 8-10 Our Outdoor Discovery leaders are fun, experienced, and engaging teachers who will be sure that each participant is able to face challenges appropriate to his or her own sense of self-confidence and skill level. TWO PARAGRAPH DESCRIPTION & MISSION:
OVERVIEW OF ITINERARY
- Beginning Camp in our 500-acre Basecamp while doing activities such as the Climbing Wall, Low Challenge Course, Caving, and Outdoor Living Skills.
- Middle Camp at Roaring Run, an refreshing natural waterslide and waterfall hike in Jefferson National Forest.
- END at our Basecamp where the trip will join the other groups, do the 900' foot zip line and share your stories at our final campfire.
- AUGUST 5TH TO 11TH
CAMPING / BACKPACKING
You will camp in backpacking tents, pack all your gear in one backpack, cook backpacker style meals on back country stoves, and share the accomplishments of each day with your group and leaders by the fire each night.
OUTDOOR LIVING SKILLS
Participants will receive introductory lessons on skills such as shelter-building, fire-by-friction, basic wilderness first-aid, and wildlife tracking and identification.
While our staff will provide advice and aid, they will also foster a sense of independence for participants; Campers will have responsibilities such as carrying their own gear and helping in the set-up and clean-up of meals.
- Wilderness Adventure at Eagle Landing
- Craig's Creek
- Roaring Run Furnace - Jefferson National Forest
LIFE LONG GOOEY IMPACT
Participants will lead WAEL with, blah blah blah,
(Current Discount: 25% Off!)
August 5th to August 11th